Search This Blog

3 Year Old Logic

>> Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tyler loves to play games.  He's competitive and very good at sports.  In order to keep him engaged in the car, we usually play some word or visual games.  Ryan likes to join in as well, but at this point he just copies his brother :)

One of Tyler's favorite things to do in the car is for us to play "Mommy & Daddy".  Here's how it went the other day:

Me:  "Tyler, do you love Mommy or Daddy?"

Tyler:  "Mommy"

Me:  "Awe, thanks Tyler!"

Tyler:  "No, I love Daddy!"

Me:  "No way!"

Tyler:  "Yes, Daddy!!"

Me:  "But Mommy Loves you, too!"

Tyler:  "But Daddy loves me SO much!"

Me:  "Yes, but Mommy also loves you SO much!"

Tyler:  "No, I love Daddy.  Ryan loves you.  Baby sister loves Abby (our puppy)"

Apparently everyone can only love one person in this world.  Oh, and since my husband always refers to Ryan (my 2 year old) as "mommy's boy", Tyler thinks that I must love him more.  Geesh, this can only go down hill from here!

But then it continued:

Tyler: "When I was little, like bro-bro (aka, my 2 year old), I loved Mommy.  But now, I'm a big boy and I love daddy."

So, apparently, babies love their mommies but big boys love their daddies. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he loves his daddy and knows that his daddy loves him, but how about showing some love for the momma who gave birth to him?!  As my grandmother always used to say, "I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it!" :)

Post a Comment