Search This Blog

Milestones!

>> Wednesday, September 28, 2011

We have had a fun past few days celebrating a couple milestones.  First, Tyler turned 4 on Saturday!  I can't believe that just 4 years ago, Steve and I went from being a "couple" to a family!  Time has flown by and it's hard to believe that Tyler has gotten so big already.  I was teasing him and telling him that I didn't want him to grow up and I asked if he could stay 3.  He started to cry and say, "But I wanna be 4".  Love this kid!

Here's a photo of him with his cake.  I kept asking him what he wanted for his birthday and he kept saying, "A cake with fire on it."  We finally figured out he meant candles (not icing flames!) so I decided to do a baseball.  Not my best cake ever, but have you ever tried to put icing on a ball?  It's hard!


Sunday night we had a fire in the firepit in our back yard because Tyler has been begging for one all summer.  The boys LOVED it!  I had a difficult time getting the fire started, so I used some lighter fluid.  Here is a photo of the boys reaction when I would add more lighter fluid to the pit.


Then they thought they would be cool and try to blow it out instead of helping me try to light it.  Obviously they didn't realize that we couldn't eat the hot dogs until after we got the fire going.


Steve finally came to the rescue and got the fire going without the aid of lighter fluid.  Good thing, 'cause there was no way I was eating hot dogs with a fire that had the lighter fluid.  Yuck.


Molly and I hung out in the chair watching the boys make the dinner.  The way it should be.  Of course, then that meant we were on cleanup duty, though.  Which doesn't mean much until you see the photo of Ryan below after s'mores :)


Cutie watching the fire!


Ryan was all about roasting the marshmallows.  He actually did a good job and got his nice and brown.  He only caught one of the marshmallows on fire and we caught it soon enough that it wasn't burnt to a crisp.


Ok, so you knew it was coming.  Here is a photo of Ryan actually eating the marshmallows.  For some reason, he decided his s'more would taste better without the chocolate and graham cracker, but rather smooshed up in his hand.


And yes, I got stuck with bath time for the kids after he was finished.


Here's a photo of Tyler's s'more.  Yummy!


Great ending to a great weekend celebrating my Big Boy!

So the other milestone we celebrated was that Molly turned 2 months yesterday (Tuesday).  I can't believe that she is 2 months old already!  She has been such a joy and a great addition to our family.  The boys absolutely adore her.  In fact, we were all sick this past week and the hardest thing about it was trying to keep the boys from kissing her so she wouldn't get their germs!


Her shirt says it all...her daddy does love her!  She is such a good baby, so it would be hard not to love her :) In the past couple of weeks, she has started to smile when she sees me or when I make faces at her.  Molly has a cute smile and I just love toothless grins :)


This next photo isn't the greatest because of the light right above her head, but I just love her expression!


This past week, Molly slept 12 hours two different nights last week and then 13 hours another night. Now that I say that, she will probably want to eat 3 or 4 times the next few nights!  But, needless to say, I think she is the worlds' best sleeper at 2 moths old!  The boys were always good sleepers, but they didn't consistently sleep through the night until after around 12 weeks or so.  Yesterday morning, we needed to go to an appointment, but Molly was still sleeping so the boys volunteered to go snuggle with her to wake her up.


Can you tell they ADORE her?  I feel sorry for any of her future boyfriends...they will definitely have to make it past the "brother test" before taking her out :)




Post a Comment