Search This Blog

Muffins that taste like donuts

>> Saturday, September 24, 2011

If that isn't an attention grabbing title, I don't know what is!  Yummmm.....these are so good.



I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's website over a year ago.  I have made them 4 or 5 times since and they have turned out wonderful each time.  I tried a different recipe once and just wasn't satisfied with it.  These are just a perfect texture and taste.  They taste like one of the cinnamon and sugar donuts!  They aren't healthy, but they are baked so I'm assuming they are a little better for you than a regular donut :)

So, most recipes I tweak just a little.  Whether adding more or less of something or adding/omitting something all together.  But these, I make just as written.  The only variation I do on it is sometimes I dip the whole muffin in the butter and cinnamon sugar, but most of the time I just do the tops to save a few calories.  Either way is good!



Muffins That Taste Like Donuts



Ingredients

  • 1-¾ cup Flour
  • 1-½ teaspoon Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ½ teaspoons Nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoons Cinnamon
  • ⅓ cups Oil
  • ¾ cups White Sugar
  • 1 whole Egg
  • ¾ cups Milk
  • _____
  • FOR THE TOPPING:
  • ¼ cups Butter
  • ⅓ cups White Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon


Preparation Instructions

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk. Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl. Combine the white sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl.
Shake muffins out while still hot. Dip muffins in butter, then into the sugar/cinnamon mix. Let cool.



You can find a printable version of this recipe here...since I know once you make this recipe it will become one that you want to refer back to :)

Post a Comment