Search This Blog

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Sugar Butter Sauce

>> Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm sure by now Beth has given up on me!  Things are so crazy for us right now.  We have so many thing going on and 2012 is going to be a huge year for us. 

I have a super quick and easy recipe to share for now.   My husband and kids wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole -- entirely too weird for them.  But I think it's really, really good.

I bought the butternut squash ravioli at Costco.  While the ravioli is boiling (according to package directions), make the sauce:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated is best but I had shredded
1/8 tsp cajun seasoning
1/8 tsp sage
1/8 tsp nutmeg

Melt the butter and brown sugar together over low to medium heat.  Cook for a minute or so until it gets a little thickened.  As you can see in the photo, my heat was entirely too high and my sauce "seized up" so go low on the heat here.  Take the sauce off the heat and stir in the spices and cheese.  You many want to start with a little less of the spices and adjust according to your taste.  Stir the drained ravioli into the sauce and this will thin the sauce a little.

I made half this amount of sauce and about 8 ravioli pieces and thought it was more than enough sauce.  So you'll have to play with the amounts depending on how much sauce you want.  I tried to go light on the sauce.  You could also add some bacon or toasted walnuts to this.

Post a Comment