Search This Blog

More Christmas Cookies

>> Friday, November 4, 2011

I love Christmas cookies!!  One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is making cookies.  I do have a few types that I make every year; unfortunately my recipes for those are in storage right now.  Having a tiny little apartment kitchen is going to be really hard this Christmas.  I found most of the recipes online though.

Here are some cookies that I make and love:


Chocolate Mint Dreams I tried these at a cookie exchange a few years ago and they quickly became a favorite for me.  The cookie itself is very velvety.


Jam Thumbprints  I was never really in love with Jam Thumbprints until I tried this recipe from the Barefoot Contessa.  I think all the butter plus the coconut on the outside makes the difference.  Another one I tried at a cookie exchange.


Cranberry Bliss Bars  I usually make a drop cookie with cranberries and white chocolate.  Last year my sister-in-law and I tried this recipe, which is a copycat recipe of Starbucks' cranberry bars.  I really liked it and will make it again instead of the drop cookie. The citrus zest really adds to the flavor.


Seven Layer Bars  Also known as Hello Dolly bars.  I make these every year, they are my mother-in-law's favorite cookie.  And they are so easy!


Chocolate Caramel Thumbprints:  This one is my "signature" cookie.  I actually use a recipe in a book, but from what I remember this is the recipe.  These cookies are definitely more labor intensive than some, but they are so good and pretty and unique.  I never have to worry about duplicating someone else's cookie at a cookie exchange if I make these.

Those are pretty much my standards I make every year, and then I try to pick a few new recipes to try.  Here is one that looks worth trying:

I love peppermint and chocolate together, and these are so pretty: (Click link below photo for recipe)


I can't wait to try some of Beth's.  I had the candy canes at our MOMS Club cookie exchange last year and they were really yummy!

Happy Baking!

Post a Comment