Search This Blog

Thanksgiving

>> Monday, November 14, 2011

This year, Thanksgiving is going to be drastically different.  It will be the first Thanksgiving that my husband and I have ever spent at home.  I have not been at home for Thanksgiving since my family moved when I was 10, and I don't think my husband has ever spent the day at home.  But this year, Thanksgiving has been moved from Mansfield, OH (where my husband's side of the family is from) to the west side of Cincinnati at his parent's house.  Which means we actually get to spend the night in our own beds and we don't have to pack for a long weekend!  Can you tell I'm excited?!  Don't get me wrong, I love his family and spending time with them, but it will be so nice to only have to drive 30 minutes and not feel like I have to pack for an army.

So, there are lots of my facebook friends that are posting things they are thankful for each day.  I've never done that before, but I thought it was a good idea and decided just to write one post with the things I'm thankful for.



1.  My husband.  We have our ups and downs, but I know he will always be there for me!
2. Tyler.  He's such a special 4 year old and it's so much fun to watch him learn new things and become as much "like daddy" as he can.
3. Ryan.  My fearless 2 year old.  I love that he still needs me sometimes and that he still likes me to hold his hand when he falls asleep.
4. Molly.  My sweet baby girl.  It's so much fun getting to know my sweet baby and see her do so many firsts.  It's bittersweet knowing that she's the last one.
5. My parents.  They aren't perfect, but they are such a great example to me and are wonderful grandparents to the kids!
6. My in-laws.  Not everyone can say that they absolutely enjoy being around their in-laws, but I can.  They truly are my second parents and the kids adore them as well!
7.  My home.  Not the physical structure, but the atmosphere that we have that makes our house a home.
8. My husband's job.  His boss is truly his friend and it's wonderful working for a family that you can trust and know that they think about your best interest as much as their own.
9. Health.  Our family has been blessed with being healthy.  I have a chronic illness (Type 1 diabetes), but really it could be much worse.
10.  Being able to stay at home with the kids.  We've made a lot of sacrifices to go from 2 incomes to 1, but it's all been worth it!
11.  My cake business.  It's a creative outlet and helps me keep my sanity!  Plus, it gives me some extra money to feed my DIY addiction.
12.  My MOMS Club.  Sometimes being a mom is tough.  I mean, a lot of times, being a mom is tough and it's great having a group of women who understand!
13.  My Church.  It's small, but they feel like family.
14.  Me time.  I don't get much of it, but when I do get some time to myself, I get recharged and feel more able to deal with my daily demands.
15. Wonderful neighbors.  Life in suburbia often means not knowing your neighbors.  But I feel blessed that we know who are neighbors are and we do things with them and hang out with them.
16.  My siblings.  Sara who is in the Peace Corps right now and I miss her so much!  Katie who is due with baby #2!  Amy Jo who is growing up way too fast!
17. Laughter.  My kids provide lots of this for me. Life is never dull and I'm glad we can laugh together.

on the lighter side...
18. Vanilla and cinnamon.  The best 2 ingredients to bake with!
19. Maternity clothes.  Yes, my youngest is 14 weeks old but I'm still wearing some of my maternity pants.  Time to get serious on my diet and exercise plan.
20. Our van.  Yes, it makes me feel old, but it is practical and we all fit!
21.  Facebook.  Well, not really FB, but the fact that it allows me to virtually connect with people I haven't seen in years!
22.  A baby who sleeps through the night.  Enough said. :)
23. Radio stations who don't start playing Christmas music until AFTER Thanksgiving.  Sheesh.
24.  Diet Pepsi.  Because I stay up WAY too late and my kids get me up WAY too early.  And because I hate coffee :)

Post a Comment