Search This Blog

P90X Advice?

>> Saturday, January 21, 2012

So, I heard a lot about P90X last year.  For those of you who haven't heard of it before, it's an intense 90 day workout program where you "confuse" your muscles by doing different exercises every day.  You can find out more details on the website here.

Anyway, a friend of mine had the DVD's and has let me borrow them.  I'm watching one of them right now (yoga) just to see what I might be getting myself into.  Have any of you tried this program before?  Even if you didn't complete it, what did you think?  I'm thinking it can't hurt because it is exercise, but I don't want it to interfere with my training for the 10K run and Little Miami Triathlon in May and June.  Not that it wouldn't be good to do, but I'm not sure that it's the right training for running, canoeing and biking.

There are a couple different ways you can do the DVD's (12 total) to get different results.  I'm considering doing the "Lean" training program.  This program is for people who want weight loss, but it's also for people who want to incorporate cardio into the program.  Check out the schedule I found on p90xmomma.com:  (click on the image to display the full 13-week program)


Intense!  Thoughts?  Advice?  Tips?  HELP!!!


Post a Comment