Search This Blog

Busy!

>> Sunday, February 19, 2012

Phew...it's been a busy month!  I think I over-committed myself this month.  Between keeping up with 3 kids, working 2 days a week at a local church doing childcare while the mommas get a break, training for my 10k and triathlon, reading through the Bible in 90 days, plus doing cakes almost every weekend, this has been a busy month!  I just haven't had time to come up with blog posts.  I enjoy blogging, I really do!  It just hasn't been up there on the priority list.  I've even been slacking in the pinterest department, so you know it's been busy around here :)


But I wanted to take a few minutes and update on my progress for my 2012 Goals:

spiritual goal:  Read through the Bible in 90 Days.  I'm still doing this, but I'm behind by about 5 days.  It's going to take a bit of extra work to catch up since the daily readings are about 5 hours each for me complete.  But I'm still at it and won't give up!

health/body goal:  Complete the Flying Pig 10k on Saturday, May 5 & the Little Miami Triathlon on Sunday, June 3.  I have also added a 5 mile run on April 21st for the Clinton County Women’s Center Walk for Life (if you want to join me, let me know and I can send you details!).  I am completing my "unofficial" training and will be starting my official training plan tomorrow!  I've been doing a good job running 3 times each week plus I've been doing a couple of spinning classes here and there.  Here's what my "official" training plan for the running looks like.  


Week
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun

Feb 20
1
2
rest
2
rest
2
rest
3
9 mi total
Feb 27
2
2
rest
2
rest
2
rest
3
9 mi total
Mar 5
3
2
rest
2
rest
3
rest
3
10 mi total
Mar 12
4
2
rest
3
rest
3
rest
4
12 mi total
Mar 19
5
2
rest
3
rest
3
rest
4
12 mi total
Mar 26
6
3
rest
3
rest
4
rest
4
14 mi total
Apr 2
7
3
rest
3
rest
4
rest
4
14 mi total
Apr 9
8
3
rest
4
rest
4
rest
5
16 mi total
Apr 16
9
3
rest
4
2
rest
5*
rest
14 mi total
Apr 23
10
4
rest
4
rest
5
rest
6
19 mi total
Apr 30
11
4
rest
4
rest
5
rest
10K
May 7
12
4
rest
5
rest
6
rest
7
22 mi total
May 14
13
4
rest
5
rest
6
rest
7
22 mi total
May 21
14
5
rest
6
rest
7
rest
8.5
26.5 mi total
May 28
15
6
rest
4
rest
rest
TRI
10 mi total

financial goals: Complete Baby Step #3 by July 1 (fully funded emergency fund of 6 months expenses), start on Baby Steps #4 and 5 (investing for retirement and college funds for the kids).  We've made a little progress on this goal but there's been a slight setback.  Looks like my hubby is going to have to have shoulder surgery and carpel tunnel surgery and will be out of work for about 4 weeks (mostly unpaid).  So instead of socking money away for our fully funded emergency fund, we are socking it away so we won't have to worry if his recovery takes a little longer or if surgery and PT costs more than what we expect.  It's wonderful having enough money in the bank that we really don't have to worry!

family goal: take a vacation!  Nothing set up yet...but I have quit my job for Tuesdays (so after this coming week, I will only be working every Thursday at the local church doing childcare).  This will help make a little more time for fun with the kids or doing cakes which I enjoy more than the childcare work :)

business goal:  Limit bookings to no more than 7 wedding cakes for the year.  I think I'm changing this one to 12....with Steve taking a leave from work it just makes more sense for me to try and get a couple extra in.  Plus, I also have a couple house projects that I want to do and that's what I usually use my cake money for :)

Post a Comment