Search This Blog

Random Thoughts

>> Thursday, February 2, 2012

So, I've had a couple of my friends tell me recently that they think I'm "supermom".  That is far from the truth!  In fact, it makes me laugh just to hear someone say that about me.  I do like to "keep things real" but for some reason, I don't think they are seeing the entire picture...

source
For example:

  1. I am reading through the Bible in 90 Days.  But some days, I'm just reading to cross it off my list, not to actually "get something out of it."  I'm currently also 2.5 days behind.
  2. I'm training for a triathlon, but it's been 4 days since I've gone running.  I just haven't made the time even though it needs to be towards the top of my list.
  3. In the last 2 days, I have made and decorated 18 dozen cupcakes for my home-based bakery business.  But my kids have probably watched 8 hours of television just so I could get something done while they were awake.
  4. I feel like I have to do everything myself and that if I'm weak if I ask for help.  Stupid, I know.  But true for some reason.
  5. I was feeding my daughter cheerios and went upstairs to address a check that needed to go out in the mail.  I was gone all of 2-3 minutes and my 2 year old boy decided to dump the entire box all over the dining room and see how far he could spread it before I came back downstairs.  Granted, my kids are not perfect, but can't a mom expect her kids to behave for 3 minutes?
  6. I was supposed to work this morning (helping with childcare during a Ladies' Bible Study at a local church), but I called in "sick" because I had only gotten 4-5 hours of sleep and didn't feel like watching six 2 year olds.
  7. If you were to just drop by my house unannounced right now, I probably wouldn't let you through the door.  My kitchen is a mess (from the 18 dozen cupcakes) and the kids' toys are all over the place.  But I just don't feel like cleaning it up right now.
  8. I do like to bake and make dinner for our family, but lately my rut has been to make enough of one dish for 2-3 meals and then just eat leftovers.  
  9. I stay at home to be able to raise my kids myself (as opposed to daycare) and to teach them, but I feel like I barely have time to do that with all the other crap I have going on.  They are getting the last of my energy instead of the first.
  10. Between my crazy schedule and my husband's crazy schedule, I don't think we've actually sat down and had a true conversation yet this year.
See...far from perfect!

Post a Comment